[openstreetmap-website] Footway, path, combined description. (#1087)

AllroadsNL notifications at github.com
Tue Nov 17 21:22:24 UTC 2015

Do not say, sorry, not necessary.
The last sentence, You get it.
Finding a generic term, is the problem, also in a different language.

Now:
highway=footway red dotted line,
highway=path, red dotted line,
Both the same linestyle.
One image
Both the same term.
Legend: Image (red red dotted line) name: Footway

Issue:
The same term: footway", what is wrong, Dutch "voetpad"
So I think you can not use this term.
That could be a point of discussion, for me, it is a issue.

Solution:
Legend:
If we want one linetype for two different highway types.
Image (red dotted line) term: Path, Footway, or
Image (red dotted line) term: Path (regularly footway), or
Image (red dotted line) term: Path (foot), or
Image (red dotted line) term ?  (Your generic term)
or
the mapmaker ( in other repository)
render two linetypes, as it was in the old style.
one for footway then term: footway, there own image.
one for path then term: path, there own image.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1087#issuecomment-157511099