[openstreetmap-website] Map editor popup (tutorial / start editing) pops up every time (#1162)

Jan-Christoph Borchardt notifications at github.com
Fri Feb 26 12:40:43 UTC 2016

Currently every time I want to edit on OSM.org, this modal asking me if I’m interested in a tutorial (or just want to start editing) pops up every time. Yes, the new editor is awesome and no, I don’t need a tutorial. ;) At some point in the past I’m pretty sure I did the tutorial and it probably helped me. But now the popup is annoying – every time.

TL;DR: Only show this popup _once_ for a user. When I click »Edit« in the top bar, I want to directly edit. (I assume the tutorial can be accessed otherwise anyway if it’s needed later.)

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1162