[openstreetmap-website] Upcoming breaking OSRM API change (#1161)

Richard Fairhurst notifications at github.com
Fri Feb 26 12:37:40 UTC 2016

This will presumably affect our routing UI code:

- https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/osrm-talk/2016-February/001127.html
- https://github.com/Project-OSRM/osrm-backend/wiki/New-Server-api

Given that there isn't an announced switchover date, but it'll just happen; there's no instance of the new API to test against; some breakage is almost inevitable.

I'd suggest then that, when it does happen, we temporarily drop OSRM (defaulting to Graphhopper instead) until we can modify our code to work with the new format. I don't anticipate the changes will be complex.

https://github.com/openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website/issues/1161