[openstreetmap/openstreetmap-website] [WIP] Allow reporting of abusive users to moderators or admins (#1576)
notifications at github.com
Sat Dec 16 18:11:10 UTC 2017
Just adding a few random thoughts after some testing on the dev instance
### Reporting Changesets
* `Before sending in a report for official action, be sure that:` --> Not clear what "official action" refers to. Maybe adding the term "Data Working Group" might be helpful here, if that's the group handling those reports.
* `You are unable to fix the problem yourself` --> You are unable to fix the problem yourself, or with the help of your fellow community members. (or something similar).
* `This changeset contains a newbie or an editor error` -> Not sure if this is something a moderator wants to handle. I thought this feature is more geared towards _serious_ issues, not something you could discuss and easily resolve on a mailing list or forum.
Side effect of such a category could be that people start confusing this feature with OSMCha's changeset flagging, and moderators get flooded with such reports.
### Reporting a user
Flag is very hard to spot at the right border. Could this be possibly moved a bit closed to the user name?
### General remarks
* Other sites like StackOverflow only allow for a certain number of flags to be raised per day (iirc, that's 10). I guess that's in place so that user don't abuse this feature, and moderators won't get overwhelmed with feedback that would be better handled by the community.
* User doesn't get any feedback, if a certain flag was already raised by themselves. Maybe a message like "User/Changeset/Note was already reported by you" could be added.
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the rails-dev