[Rebuild] [Talk-cz] czech republic: data wrongly marked as ODbL compatible was Re: Hromadné importy & změna licence

"Petr Morávek [Xificurk]" xificurk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 22:38:16 BST 2012

Pavel Machek wrote:
>> If this is that case, I personally volunteer to help track down your
>> changesets containing the incompatible imports.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> The only two are the wikipedia imports of places and railway stations,
>> is this correct?
>
> I think so.
> 									Pavel

Hello,

I went through Pavel's changesets and I think I've found all the tainted
data. Here is what I did:

1) I went through Pavel's changesets (except the big ones already
identified as ODbL compatible imports).
2) Counted the number of created or modified nodes that had tags place=*
or railway=station,halt,tram_stop. This gave me 17 changesets that have
at least 10 such nodes.
3) Then I checked them manually and identified the mass imports.

Pavel's tainted changesets incompatible with ODbL+CT:
720911, 720263, 187327, 189654, 188101, 197352, 593595

Special case of changeset 473203: contains mostly import of forests, but
also 12 place nodes from wikipedia,etc., only 3 of them (277999916,
277999934, 277999939) are still in the database. I would suggest we keep
this changeset and remove only those 3 offending nodes when the database
comes from read-only mode.

In the process I've found another changeset with import of places from
wikipedia,geonames,etc. performed by Bilbo. This should be marked for
removal as well:
312633

I would like to thank Pavel for his decision to allow the relicensing of
his work and sincerely apologize for my harsh words in my initial reply.

Best regards,
Petr Morávek aka Xificurk