[Rebuild] update 25 April

Harry Wood mail at harrywood.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 03:43:29 BST 2012

> I'm sorry to be dramatic, but this is scarily imprecise!

> What happened to the idea of giving notice before working on the live
> database? What about the areas of the world previously identified where
> there is a large percentage of data that would be redacted? This is
> UNACCEPTABLE to mappers in those areas, as it should be to the rest of the
> project.

Yeah you are being quite dramatic aren't you? Really struggling to understand what your point is. You talk about "giving notice" and oh my goodness! areas of the data are being redacted!  ....err  ...This is new to you?

> it seems like important things like
> progress updates need a wider audience than just the rebuild list.

There is also http://blog.osmfoundation.org/ where the communication working group are putting out the important updates. Thanks for forwarding to the talk list ...I guess. Personally I would've waited till we had a more significant update. But maybe you're right. Maybe we should post all such updates to talk too. In CWG we thought it would be good to try to bring some updates like this, by working with the very busy folks who are doing the actual coding/testing, even if the update is just "technical work is proceeding. nothing happening on live just yet"

Harry