[Rebuild] Large relations - rules and tools

Ed Loach ed at loach.me.uk
Thu Feb 2 08:55:28 GMT 2012

Richard:

> > Therefore, I'd like to suggest a modification: route relations
are
> > assumed
> > to have a clean v0 which is an empty, untagged set. v1 is
treated as
> > modification of the relation (adding tags and members).

ant:
> this is a nice assumption I wouldn't hesitate to apply to all
kinds of
> objects. For it hasn't dawned on me why a modification done by a
> non-agreer is considered more "severe" if it happened to be v1.

Would this help with splits, with the newly created way from a split
having the pre-split way as their v0 (as the shortened way with the
original id will already)?

Ed

PS: This is also a bit of a test email to see whether I can email to
OSM lists again. I've been trying to get my head around splits and
what happens when a way previously modified by a non-agreer gets
split by both non-agreers and/or agreers.