[Rebuild] Relations

waldo000000 at gmail.com waldo000000 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 16:38:45 GMT 2012

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:09 PM, Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

>  What about a relation where /some /members were added by decliners? Just
>> remove those members,
>>

> Yes...
>
>> or flag it somehow
>> as needing re-verification?
>>

> This is something we haven't yet talked about.

I think this is very important. Removing members from a relation in some
(most?) cases will cause the relation to become invalid/misleading/wrong.
Arguably, it would be better to remove the entire relation than to leave a
misleading/crippled one!

I hope we can agree that adding a fixme tag to butchered relations is the
best solution. It would be even better if the tag gave the mapper (the
rebuilder) as much information as possible about what was done during the
butchering process.