[Rebuild] Approaching final testing

Andy Allan gravitystorm at gmail.com
Wed Jul 4 16:02:00 BST 2012

On 4 July 2012 10:39, Andy Allan <gravitystorm at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been testing the bot against progressively larger extracts, which
> has been highlighting the few issues that still need to be resolved,

One of these issues has led to me changing the behaviour of the bot
when handling empty relations. If the redactions causes a clean
relation to have no members, it is now deleted rather than modified.
You can see more details at

https://github.com/gravitystorm/openstreetmap-license-change/commit/8633b8f7c46d506aa2198990251ad3bc824d8878

It turns out that there's a bug, or at least an ambiguity, in API 0.6
- see https://trac.openstreetmap.org/ticket/4471

Given that this bug has apparently been around for years, without
anyone noticing and without much brouhaha, I suspect that preserving
memberless-relations isn't really all that important, but I thought
I'd mention it anyway.

Thanks to Grant and Frederik for helping with this!

Cheers,
Andy