[Rebuild] first impression

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 14:46:04 BST 2012

On 07/17/2012 09:15 PM, Jakub wrote:
> I have started cleaning up in Czech republic and right away I have
> spotted very interesting thing in this area:
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=49.9412&lon=13.3982&zoom=14&layers=M
>
> there are lonely points like 31594181, 31594183 etc. which used to be
> probably part of the way (can't tell id, it is wiped out, but it was
> continuation of road ref=27. How it is possible, that the way was
> deleted BUT the points remain.
I would say the most likely reason are way splits. The way including
nodes was originally created by an acceptor. Then someone split the way,
such that one part of the way looses the history and starts at version 1
again.

If the person who split the way did not accept, then the newly created
part of the way gets deleted by the bot, even though originally it was
created by an acceptor. The Nodes however remain fine and are left over
as stray nodes (which can be reused to create the way again).

Kai