[Rebuild] Redaction bot is almost done

Ilya Zverev zverik at textual.ru
Thu Jun 14 10:36:58 BST 2012

On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 11:08:16 +0200, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> On 06/14/2012 10:36 AM, Ilya Zverev wrote:
>> We have a bot that monitors the whole country and fixes word order
>> and
>> abbreviations in street names (and in addr:street tags). So any such
>> edits will be reverted to the "correct" state. I doubt the redation
>> bot
>> should have some special processing for Russian street names, since
>> the
>> street bot will have its way regardless :)
>
> Which is a matter that should maybe discussed elsewhere; I'm not
> particularly fond of any bot anywhere in OSM that has the last word
> over what mappers want.

This bot was, of course, heavily discussed, and is completely under
control. There are several areas which it ignores, and any active mapper
may request an area to be excluded. Initially it processed about half of
the country: regions were added after direct requests from 1-3 active
mappers from there, and after some time we decided that it should
monitor the whole country except specific regions. We have a policy for
naming streets (documented in wiki), and got tired of fixing newbie
edits by hand.

IZ