[Rebuild] Strategy for running the bot in "regions"

Mon Jun 25 11:19:10 BST 2012

Andy Allan wrote:
> There's been previous agreement on the list that we want to run the
> bot "per region", rather than e.g. by id range (first thousand nodes,
> second thousand etc). Has anyone had any thoughts as to how to select
> all the data in a region? And how to process region-by-region while
> making sure we (eventually) process everything?

I'd assumed that the regions were essentially "test runs on live data",
and that we'd then start on the main whole-planet redaction. Something like:

a) Simple bbox-defined region 1 (e.g. Liechtenstein)
b) Simple bbox-defined region 2 (e.g. Ireland)
c) The whole world

There's probably no harm in (c) revisiting the areas of (a) and (b),
because they're fairly small and will by definition have been cleansed.
But, as ever, I may be completely off beam here.

cheers
Richard