[Rebuild] some conversation topics: API changes + tests + diffs

Kai Krueger kakrueger at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:13:19 BST 2012

On 03/28/2012 05:19 AM, Harry Wood wrote:
> * API changes:  This is going to be the next thing. It's important the sysadmins are on board and happy with the plans to deploy some code changes, and it would make sense if we could get that ready in time to deploy during the same read-only time (after moving the database for several days). Actually the changes are fairly simple. New database columns to store redactions information, and new hooks to allow the bots to insert this information. Although I said it's the next thing, my understanding is that it's progressing well, and not particularly an area where help is needed.

There is now http://redaction.apis.dev.openstreetmap.org/ that follows
the github branch
https://github.com/zerebubuth/openstreetmap-website/tree/redaction . It
will implement a form of
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Open_Database_License/Changes_in_the_API
although I would guess it is still subject to change somewhat. However,
it will hopefully soon allow for editors or other applictions effected
by the API changes to test them. Well, at least as soon as there is a
way to actually generate redacted data in this test instance, as you
can't access the database directly on this test instance.

Kai