[Routing] No tags like "country" and "city" in planet.osm for ways?

Max Power herodot72 at yahoo.de
Mon Nov 12 13:58:20 GMT 2007

I don't think, that the distance-from-target calculation is a good solution,
because a road at the periphery of a huge city could be near to a small town in
the neighborhood than to the place with the right city tag.
Perhaps i will try the google geocoder for this task first and concentrate my work
on the routing itself until there is a better way.