[Routing] collecting translations of driving-instructions

Marcus Wolschon Marcus at Wolschon.biz
Fri Feb 27 13:11:30 GMT 2009

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 14:01:22 +0100, "Pierre-André Jacquod"
<pjacquod at alumni.ethz.ch> wrote:
> Hi,
> I just tried to extend it to french, but on wiki that is not so easy.
> And I have no way to have a look if some text has been added to the
> reference language.. which is english I guess?

Yes, english is the most common language so it makes sense to have it as a
reference.
The easiest way is to have the reference-page and the page you are
translating in
2 browser-tabs. It worked fine for me when I added the german translations.

> Usually we are using PO file in order to store this kind of translation.
> There are editors that helps to support this kind of work (like KBabel,
> even if I have never used it up to now).
> But this is a great idea

I am well aware of that but the wiki is the one place where everyone
finds this and can easily edit it without separate editors.
It should be possible to generate .po -files from the wiki via
a script. I hope to find the time for an IRouteDescriber -plugin
for Traveling Salesman next week reads these wiki-pages uppon startup
and an ant-task to generate .properties and/or .po -files from them
to make it easy to test and use.

Marcus