[OSM-Science] Paper: Street Network Models and Measures for Every U.S. City, County, Urbanized Area, Census Tract, and Zillow-Defined Neighborhood

Levente Juhász jlevente89 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 13:10:33 UTC 2019

I like this initiative! OSM related research and other studies using OSM
data are scattered all over the place in multiple outlets. It's very easy
to miss them. By all means, please share interesting papers whenever you
come across them!

Also, there's nothing wrong with sharing studies and research projects you
are involved in, so don't hold them back.

Cheers,
Levente

On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 3:50 AM Marco Minghini <marco.minghini86 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear Dennis,
> thanks for the initiative, you are welcome to do so.
> This channel is exactly aimed at sharing and fostering research on OSM, so
> feel free to share any interesting updates!
> All the best,
> Marco
>

> Marco Minghini, Ph.D.
> @MarcoMinghini <https://twitter.com/MarcoMinghini>
>
> New Special Issue "Advances in Applications of Volunteered Geographic
> Information"
> Journal: Remote Sensing (IF=3.406)
> Deadline for submission: 30 September 2019
> https://www.mdpi.com/journal/remotesensing/special_issues/appl_VGI
>

> Il giorno mar 12 mar 2019 alle ore 22:37 Dennis <d2ns at das-labor.org> ha
> scritto:
>
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> in the future I would like to share papers, that use OpenStreetMap (that
>> I am not involved in) more
>> often, if that's okay:
>>
>> "This paper reports results from a research project that collected raw
>> street network data from
>> OpenStreetMap using the Python-based OSMnx software for every U.S. city
>> and town, county, urbanized
>> area, census tract, and Zillow-defined neighborhood. It constructed
>> nonplanar directed multigraphs
>> for each and analyzed their structural and morphological characteristics."
>> https://www.mdpi.com/2413-8851/3/1/28
>>
>> If you find something specifically interesting about some of them, please
>> share!
>>
>> Have a nice day,
>> Dennis
>>
>> PS: Of course I would like to see more of those from you, too ;)

Levente Juhasz
https://blog.jlevente.com/