[OSM-Science] Application for Scientific Committee at SOTM 2021

Christina Ludwig christina.ludwig at uni-heidelberg.de
Fri Mar 5 10:46:02 UTC 2021

Dear Yair and Marco,
I would be interested in joining the Scientific Committee for the SOTM 2021. Please find my application below.
*Name and Surname*
*Christina Ludwig*

*Affiliation*
*GIScience Research Group, Heidelberg University, Germany*

*Academic experience, in particular on OpenStreetMap*
*The focus of my research is on OSM data quality assessment, uncertainty quantification and data fusion in the field of urban green spaces mapping using OSM and remote sensing data. Within my PhD I’ve investigated regional differences in the way urban green spaces are mapped in OSM using explorative data analysis [0] and association rule mining [1]. At the SOTM 2019, I’ve presented an analysis on the potential of OSM for urban green spaces mapping [2]. Currently, I am developing methods for fusing OSM and remotes sensing data under consideration of their respective uncertainties for mapping public urban green spaces [3]. A full ist of publications can be found at [4].*
[0] Ludwig, C., & Zipf, A. (2019). Exploring regional differences in the representation of urban green spaces in OpenStreetMap. https://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/volltextserver/27408/3/GeoCultGIS_Ludwig_2019.pdf <https://archiv.ub.uni-heidelberg.de/volltextserver/27408/3/GeoCultGIS_Ludwig_2019.pdf>
[1] Ludwig, C., Fendrich, S., & Zipf, A. (2020). Regional variations of context‐based association rules in OpenStreetMap. Transactions in GIS. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/tgis.12694 <https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/tgis.12694>
[2] Ludwig, C., Hecht, R., Lautenbach, S., Schorcht, M., & Zipf, A. (2019). Assessing the Completeness of Urban Green Spaces in OpenStreetMap. Editors, 21. https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/228159543.pdf#page=25 <https://core.ac.uk/download/pdf/228159543.pdf#page=25>
[3] Ludwig, C., Hecht, R., Lautenbach, S., Schorcht, M., & Zipf, A. (2020): Mapping Public Urban Green Spaces based on OpenStreetMap and Sentinel-2 imagery using Belief Functions. Manuscript submitted for publication.
[4] https://scholar.google.de/citations?hl=en&user=obbn0yQAAAAJ <https://scholar.google.de/citations?hl=en&user=obbn0yQAAAAJ>

*Editorial experience*
*I do not have any editorial experience yet, but I have reviewed papers related to OSM and remote sensing for Transactions in GIS, Remote Sensing of Environment and the FOSS4G special collection of the Baltic Journal of Modern Computing.*

Thank you for considering my application and I am looking forward to your decision.

Kind regards,
Christina

---
Christina Ludwig, M.Sc.
GIScience Research Group, Heidelberg University
http://uni-heidelberg.de/gis
christina.ludwig at uni-heidelberg.de
+49(0)6221 54 55 04