[OSM-Science] Application for Scientific Committee at SOTM 2021

Peter Mooney Peter.Mooney at mu.ie
Fri Mar 5 18:35:05 UTC 2021

Dear Yair and Marco,

I am very interested in joining the Scientific Committee for the SOTM 2021. Please find my application below.

*Name and Surname*
*Peter Mooney*

*Affiliation*
*Department of Computer Science, Maynooth University*

*Academic experience, in particular on OpenStreetMap*

I have been involved with OpenStreetMap-related research for many years now. I am a co-author on several well-cited OSM-related publications including [1] https://doi.org/10.3390/fi4010285, [2] https://doi.org/10.1145/1869790.1869875 as well as Crowdsourcing more generally in places such as [3] https://doi.org/10.1080/13658816.2019.1593422. I've presented my OSM-related research at SOTM 2018 in Milano and SOTM 2019 in Heidelberg. In my teaching in University, I use OSM extensively in my courses on Spatial Databases.

*Editorial experience*
*I have suitable editorial experience. In recent years I've been involved as a Journal Special Issue Editor within journals such as International Journal of GIS, International Journal of Geographic Information, etc. I am currently an Editor of Transactions in GIS. For the last three SOTM (2020,2019 and 2018) I have been a member of the editorial team who produced the open-access Academic Track Proceedings*