[Strategic] tile layers policy

Mikel Maron mikel_maron at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 05:03:18 GMT 2010

Thanks Richard for compiling and posting the minutes.

I have some feedback, perhaps to be incorporated now, or discussed at the next
meeting.

* "Capable of meeting traffic demands" and  "Reliable service" ... is this the
same thing really?
* Should we include "community supported" in the guidelines? ie OSMF wouldn't
include tile sets only pushed by MQ.
* Terms like "preferred" should be defined (not absolutely required, but if a
similar service offers the same and meets this guideline, it gets preference)
* On *presentation* of tile layers, we could include some possible directions
(tile layer of the month, configurable tiles, etc).
* Likewise on *selection*, we can possibly boot this to the Board for input.
* We could also draw up a structured short catalog of tile sets, and apply the
guidelines, to demonstrate how they work.

-Mikel

 == Mikel Maron ==
+254(0)724899738 @mikel s:mikelmaron
http://mapkibera.org/