[Strategic] next issues facing Strategic

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Nov 9 10:03:20 GMT 2010

Hi,

On 11/08/2010 05:14 PM, richard at systemed.net wrote:
> If Maposmatic, which is a terrific project, could be _sustainably_
> integrated into osm.org as "export tab on crack" then that might be
> interesting. But our volunteers and our resources are stretched thinly
> enough that we need to be careful about taking on extra work.

Yes - I didn't want to say something against helping cool projects if we
can, and I think that Maposmatic is great. I just thought that if there
are people willing to fund/support Maposmatic directly then that's
always preferable (and we can use our own resources to further those
causes that are perhaps less visible and thus attract less outside help).

But if, as has been suggested here, there are technical reasons why
Maposmatic could not work with what MQ had to offer, that's another thing.

Bye
Frederik