[Tagging] bicycle=no

Chris Hill osm at raggedred.net
Thu Dec 3 10:30:58 GMT 2009

Paul Johnson wrote:
> I'd tag a section marked as "cyclists must dismount" as a footway,
> bicycle=destination (since there's no way in hell you'd want to take a
> route that bogus as anything but a last resort).

Except that in Hull, UK two of the National Cycle Network routes (1 &
65) share a footpath with a 'Cyclists Dismount' sign [1].  It makes good
sense as it keeps cyclists off the otherwise very busy main roads into
the city centre.  I'd push my bike a short way to gain that benefit.

Cheers, Chris

[1] http://osm.org/go/evqe@DW@?layers=00B0FTF