[Tagging] A first step towards bringing the wiki and tool support closer together

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 17:02:40 GMT 2009

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 3:53 AM, Anthony <osm at inbox.org> wrote:

> Actually, I think that's a good example of the harmfulness in tagging for a
> renderer.  We shouldn't have redundant data in the database, at least when
> this is at all feasible.

What am I missing? Of *course* we should have redundant data, and that's
exactly the right way to migrate from one set of tags to another. When the
tags are truly redundant (widespread support for new tags in all tools, all
old tags accompanied by new ones), then we can mass delete - too easy.

It also occurs to me that highlighting renderer support will encourage
migration to new tags.

Steve