[Tagging] parking

Matthias Julius lists at julius-net.net
Tue Dec 8 17:30:38 GMT 2009

Chris Hill <osm at raggedred.net> writes:

> Roy Wallace wrote:
>> How should a parking lot be tagged, that is provided for customers,
>> e.g. at a restaurant, or retail business? It may be signed as such
>> (e.g. "Customers only"), or may not.
> I would add access=permissive.  You can a note=* tag to describe it in
> more detail if you want.  That way if a more precise tagging system
> emerges then hopefully your note will assist later.

access=permissive does not imply any restriction on who can park
there.  access=destination was also suggested, but IMO it expresses
"You may enter the parking lot if you plan to park here".

I would say this should be access=restricted and the restriction can
be explained more in detail in another tag, maybe
restriction=customer.  Maybe you need a relation to actually link the
restriction to a certain business.

Matthias