[Tagging] Comparison of tag support: Mapnik, Osmarender, Potlatch, JOSM, Kosmos, Map Features (wiki)

Peteris Krisjanis pecisk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 08:20:08 GMT 2009

By the way, isn't this moment where we should talk how to do seperate
maps/layers for osm.org and how to deal with different kind of maps in
general? It is clear that road and traffic map won't have all shops
rendered (that would be serious overload of information), etc. Yes, we
have already examples with public transport and cycling, but shouldn't
something be done with concept itself, for people who wants to use
openstreetmap.org? How hard would be to do layers with JS and slippy
map concept?

Also it would be nice to add popular services which uses OSM data to
this table - opencyclemap.org, öpnvkarte.de, if it's possible (t.i. if
parser data is available publicly).

Anyway, great work Steve and I agree, while there are differences in
aims, basic tag support at least should be consistent in main
renderers. This table would help anyone who would like to start to
solve this.

Cheers,
Peter