[Tagging] Comparison of tag support: Mapnik, Osmarender, Potlatch, JOSM, Kosmos, Map Features (wiki)

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 14 19:53:28 GMT 2009

Am 14.12.2009 11:31, schrieb Lennard:
> Ulf Lamping wrote:
>
>> c) why is that "power=line" and "power=tower" and lot's of others
>> displayed in the map have no entry in the Mapnik column?
>
> These are filtered on in the Datasource, in the SQL itself, and not in a
> mapnik style.

Sorry, I don't get it.

http://osm.org/go/0D60u1j3 shows some power=line in the mapnik layer.

As far as I understand it, there should be a mapnik "display rule" for
this - or how does mapnik know, how to render the power line and towers?

I mean, of course you can filter out (aka remove) stuff when you import
data into the DB, but that would mean it's no longer there - and
therefore probably not rendered ;-)

Regards, ULFL