[Tagging] Comparison of tag support: Mapnik, Osmarender, Potlatch, JOSM, Kosmos, Map Features (wiki)

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 20:56:40 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 6:53 AM, Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, I don't get it.
>
> http://osm.org/go/0D60u1j3 shows some power=line in the mapnik layer.

Thanks for bringing this up, this was actually a bug in my code.
Mapnik doesn't use "filters" for certain tags (as discussed in an
earlier thread I started):

<Layer name="power" status="on" srs="&osm2pgsql_projection;">
    <StyleName>power</StyleName>
    <Datasource>
      <Parameter name="table">(select way from &prefix;_line where
"power"='line') as power</Parameter>
      &datasource-settings;
    </Datasource>
</Layer>
<Layer name="power_towers" status="on" srs="&osm2pgsql_projection;">
     <StyleName>power_towers</StyleName>
    <Datasource>
      <Parameter name="table">(select way from &prefix;_point where
power='tower') as power_towers</Parameter>
      &datasource-settings;
    </Datasource>
</Layer>

But I have code to read the sql statements directly. That code had a
broken regex. Fixed now.

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Stevage/tagsupport

It's great that people are looking for specific items like that and
pointing out discrepancies. Keep it up.

Steve