[Tagging] Should 'highway=incline[_steep]' be discouraged?

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 08:43:50 GMT 2009

2009/12/29 Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org>:
> But isn't that the case with lots of nodes? The "place=city name=London"
> node, does it describe something that "is the node itself", or rather
> lend a name to all that is around it?

The node should be part of a relation/boundary describing the area
that London is contained in, the node is just in case the centre of
the area isn't the centre of the town.

> You certainly cannot tell the orientation of the speed bump from the
> node alone...

Ummm speed bumps aren't usually anything but in line with the road,
although I suppose there could be special cases but I've never seen
them.