[Tagging] Should 'highway=incline[_steep]' be discouraged?

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Tue Dec 29 09:43:30 GMT 2009

On Mon, 28 Dec 2009, Roy Wallace wrote:
> Also, incline=* is still mathematically valid for nodes to indicate
> the instantaneous incline at that point, so I don't see a problem with
> that.

I might be old, I might have gone to school in the Dark Ages, but a point
cannot have an incline.
"A spatial point describes a specific object within a given space that
consists of neither volume area or length, nor any other higher dimensional
analogue. Thus a point is a zero dimensional object."
Oh, the writer of Wikipedia "point geometry" agrees with me.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_(geometry)

A way can have an incline, but it needs a three dimensional description.

Please remove from the wiki all the efforts of the "failed_mathematics" group
at trying to describe a point with an incline, because it is rubbish.

Liz