[Tagging] Breezeway (alternative to the tunnel and covered options)

Randy rwtnospam-newsgp at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 4 06:52:04 GMT 2009

Ed Hillsman wrote:

>Ed
>
>Edward L. Hillsman, Ph.D.
>Senior Research Associate
>Center for Urban Transportation Research
>University of South Florida
>4202 Fowler Ave., CUT100
>Tampa, FL  33620-5375
>813-974-2977 (tel)
>813-974-5168 (fax)
>hillsman at cutr.usf.edu  (but writing from home)
>http://www.cutr.usf.edu

I agree that "breezeway" would cover a limited number of the cases I had
considered for "covered", and might include one of the cases you showed
earlier with a roof spanning the space between two buildings, although, in
my own mind, I have never considered breezeways to be on that scale.
However, there are many situations that can be covered by "covered" that
wouldn't apply to breezeway. For example a "pocket" with a wide opening
for both entry and exit, say to a hotel entrance, but no opposite opening.

--
Randy