[Tagging] Tracing/tagging a stretch of arable land in the desert

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Nov 8 17:49:11 GMT 2009

Hi,

    how would you map/tag something like this:

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=36.622692,62.518044&spn=0.192881,0.205994&t=k&z=12

I have already put the road, the railway, and the river on the map in
OSM (albeit in a rudimentary fashion, and of course without using Google):

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=36.5573501586914&lon=62.5444793701172&zoom=12

But somehow that doesn't really give a good picture of the reality on
the ground, does it? And I don't have enough information to tag
everything as farmland or residential or whatever, the only thing I can
say is that it's greener there...

Bye
Frederik