[Tagging] How to tag un-named roundabout?

Pieren pieren3 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 20:27:23 GMT 2009

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 5:45 PM, Peter Childs <pchilds at bcs.org> wrote:
> Indeed, most round abouts have names, even if they are unmarked.

You should better say "In my country, most..." because it's not
generaly the case in mine.

Note that only Cloudmade's lint and JOSM validator seem to complain
about unnamed roundabouts, not KeepRight, thanks to Harald who kindly
replied to my request. I'm always supporting default rules and values
but not if they are too different from country to country. E.g. saying
"highway=motorway implies bicycle=no; foot=no" is fine. But not that
junction=roundabout implies a tag "name". It seems to be true in some
countries but then the tools have to fix this rule for those countries
only, not globaly.

Pieren