[Tagging] Admin division multi-polys

Tue Nov 24 01:28:42 GMT 2009

Reading the Multipolygon page in the wiki, I'm unclear as to exactly what
the current best practice is for tagging a mutipoly and its members, which
represent a city boundary that has portions of unincorporated county inside
it, like this one: http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/111828/

1, Is it really correct that the relation has no tags at all? (I added the
name tag just to make it easier to find in JOSM)

2. Is it correct that the inner members have no tags at all, instead of
maybe tagging them the same as the county boundary, and also adding them to
a multipoly for the county?