[Tagging] Housenumber interpolation with regularlyskipped numbers

Randy Thomson rwtnospam-osm at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 11 02:38:55 BST 2009

Tobias Knerr wrote:

> Anthony writes:
> > In an interpolation, the number of houses is unknown.
>
> I don't agree with this statement. I'd assume that an
> interpolation=even between numbers 8 and 42 means that EVERY even
> number between 8 and 42 is represented by this way. (With the
> exception of numbers that are tagged on individual nodes.)
> Apparently, you would read it as "an unknown number of even
> housenumbers between 8 and 42 is represented by this way".
>
> My interpretation seems to be supported by the description of
> interpolation in the Karlsruhe schema. Quote:
>
> > For missing house numbers (e.g. missing "12") two ways
> > need to be drawn (e.g. "1-11" and "13-25").
>
> This separation wouldn't be necessary according to your interpretation
> of interpolation, as the interpolation way wouldn't tell you whether a
> certain number (12) is represented by it anyway.
>
> Tobias Knerr

Guys, I'm going to be out of pocket for a few days, probably with no
internet access (we'll see). I just want to say thanks to both of you
for getting this dialog kicked off. Hopefully a few more will chime in
along the way and we'll have some sort of consensus in a few days.
Meanwhile, I'm not going to have an opportunity to do any addressing,
anyway.

--
Randy