[Tagging] Housenumber interpolation with regularlyskippednumbers

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Tue Oct 13 23:12:54 BST 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 5:36 PM, Mike N. <niceman at att.net> wrote:
>> Just because you're using address interpolation doesn't mean you have
>> to use the Karlsruhe Schema, though.  If you have no idea where a
>> house is other than it's relative location on a street, you shouldn't
>> use the Karlsruhe Schema.  You shouldn't randomly tag locations away
>> from the street, if all you know is a location on the street.
>
>  I'm still not convinced that the Tiger Schema / Estimated tagging is any
> different from the Karlsruhe Schema, except for precision - all of which
> could be resolved by adding level of precision tags to the Karlsruhe Schema.

I suppose it's possible.  You can duplicate the way(s), stick the new
way in some random nearby spot, and add a tag which denotes the fact
that the way is in a random spot.  I can't imagine why you'd want to
do that, but you can.

Actually, I can imagine why you'd want to do it.  It's called tagging
for the renderers and the editors.

>  A relation would work, but would certainly hide addressing details from
> any untrained community wishing to submit corrections.

We shouldn't jump through convoluted hoops avoiding relations simply
because the editors don't yet make relations easy to edit.