[Tagging] Housenumber interpolation with regularlyskippednumbers

Mike N. niceman at att.net
Wed Oct 14 03:28:19 BST 2009

>>  A relation would work, but would certainly hide addressing details from
>> any untrained community wishing to submit corrections.
>
> We shouldn't jump through convoluted hoops avoiding relations simply
> because the editors don't yet make relations easy to edit.

   It's not just the editors - it's the case of getting the help of more
people who can glance at a common map rendering and see that a correction
needs to be made.  I see from 3 to a dozen new people pop up in the
surrounding region when there is a publicity blip - they recognize a road
that is misrouted or misnamed, so they sign up and make the correction.

  Secondly, there are the consumers of OSM data.  There is already a defined
sequence of steps that must be followed to determine a physical location
from a street address.  Now add to that a completely separate search and
calculation algorithm that operates on different objects and must be coded
and tested.   It's only code and someone can crank out the code and unit
tests, but completely unnecessary since we already have a construct that is
well suited when properly qualified.