[Tagging] [talk-au] How to tag a non-existent road

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 05:15:38 BST 2009

2009/10/14 Sam Vekemans <acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com>:
> But of course the landuse us 'unknown' by default. .. so what needs to be
> done is to go around and find out what the actual landuse is.
> ... of course there are voids.... there are voids all over the map of black
> space. :)

Swing and a miss...

The property boundary data looks like this:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/images/0/0d/Mapserv-wms-example.all-hallows.png

The thickish white sections are actually transparent pixels because
there is no data in this data set for that area, the most common
"things" that fill the void that I've see so far is road ways and
water ways.