[Tagging] tagging the multipolygon model (was landuse and military)

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Oct 16 11:21:10 BST 2009

2009/10/15 Anthony <osm at inbox.org>:
> "School" and "lake" are not landuses though, are they?

might be, but you'll surely find 2 landuses (as used in OSM) on the same place.

> I'm not even sure "forest" is a proper "landuse" tag.  I guess if it's
> meant to mean "tree farm" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tree_farm).
> But most "forest" areas aren't "tree farms", they're "natural=wood".

no. Don't know how you handle this in France, but in Germany and Italy
most forests are landuse=forest and natural=wood is used only in rare
cases (really and totally unmanaged forests). Read wiki and various
discussions about this ever actual topic ;-)

cheers,
Martin