[Tagging] tagging the multipolygon model (was landuse and military)

sly (sylvain letuffe) liste at letuffe.org
Fri Oct 16 14:48:40 BST 2009

On vendredi 16 octobre 2009, Ben Laenen wrote:
> By far
> most uses I've seen for landuse=residential are for areas which are
> generally
> used for where people live, and usually have entire villages or cities
> inside

Terribly true.

> Either the landuse=residential/industrial/... kind of tags have to move out
> of
> the landuse key, or we have to come up with something new.
or both ;-)
When people are using landuse=residential to tag a sum of house, shops, park,
cimetaries, well "citizen zones". We could re-convert those usage to
something like : place=something on an area. (which is good for overall
coverage)
And has you propose, do invent some new tag for ground-cover usage. OR
consider (hem, that's hard) that landuse is the good tag for it.
By moving out landuse=military/"bad residential/"bad industrial" to
boundary or place or whatever.

landuse/natural whould then forbid (well, used as error checker) overlapping

--
sly
Sylvain Letuffe liste at letuffe.org
qui suis-je : http://slyserv.dyndns.org