[Tagging] Names localization

John Smith deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 25 10:49:59 BST 2010

On 25 April 2010 19:25, Alexander Sidorov <alexidsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem for me is to determine which language is used for some region by
> default. I have found this discussion but without solution.

The solution is a cleverly written SQL statement in the mapnik config
file, you need to add 2 extra columns to postgres table, name:ru and
name:en and then in the SQL query you check if name:ru exists and then
use it, otherwise check for name:en and use it otherwise use whatever
is in the name column.

However I haven't actually gotten round to trying to write a suitable
query to do that but I've thought about doing something similar.