[Tagging] How To Tag Coastlines That Are Also Cliffs?

Erik Johansson erjohan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 22:30:25 BST 2010

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 8:24 PM, Zeke Farwell <ezekielf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>  I'm working on
> an area of coastline made up of cliffs and beaches.   There are many
> sections where the cliffs drop directly into the ocean and it seems logical
> to me that the coastline and the cliff should be represented as one single
> way where this is the case.

I've thought about it, adding the type of coastline would be very
useful when you don't want to do micromapping. But I've never done it,
on Rottnest Island I've instead used natural=rocks to tag areas with
cliffs/rocks.

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=-32.0154&lon=115.50287&zoom=17&layers=B000FTTT

You could tag it as a barrier=cliff. :-)

--
/emj