[Tagging] Shoulder and traffic indicator tags

Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com
Tue Aug 10 14:40:11 BST 2010

  On 09/08/2010 20:07, Paul Johnson wrote:
> On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 09:08:20 -0400, Nathan Edgars II wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 8:58 AM, Dave F.
>> <davefox at madasafish.com>  wrote:
>>> You seem to be misunderstanding the usage of bicycle=destination
>>>
>>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle
>>>
>>> down near the bottom.
>>>
>> I think he's trying to map for the impatient motorist.
> Nope, mapping for accuracy.

Going on your mis-use of this tag - no, you're not.

Not only are you using the wrong tag, but you're tagging it based on
*your* opinion of whether you're *able* to cycle along a way.

You should be tagging either it's physical characteristics or whether
you're *allowed* to cycle along it.

Use tags such as shoulder=* to give an accurate description of the way
that allow individuals to decide if they think it's route they want to take.

>    You might want to take an extended break
> from the project for a while since you seem to always know better than
> every one else when you're wrong.

Judging from the tone of your most recent posts, it looks like you who
needs a break. Take deep breaths, & go for a walk.

Dave F.