[Tagging] Non Proposed Features

Sam Vekemans acrosscanadatrails at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 15:57:30 BST 2010

cool,
in this system. do you recommend the creation of a wiki page for each
tag that is used and each tag that is thought of?

if so, thats great!

if not, thats unfortunate, as every tag is important to know its
purpose .... just because the expert mappers know most of the tags off
by heart, doesnt mean that a newbie does.

a simple wiki page with the basic tag template, should be encouraged.

re-directs, without clearly explaining why this redirect was done,
does not help the newbies.

explaining on the wiki page exactly why the tag is not approved, is
far better than not telling the newbie why ..... and causing them to
want to ask on the mailing list and irc (many times over).

there are many who disagree with the above. ..... alas, this is
openstreetmap :)  lol

cheers,
sam