[Tagging] Proposal: Energy generator power types

André Riedel riedel.andre at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 21:08:57 BST 2010

2010/8/16 Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net>:
> Basically I have deprecated "power_type=photovoltaic" and
> "power_type=solar-thermal", which combine two bits of information (source of
> energy, and type of energy generated). This also allows for adequate tagging
> of generators that produce more than one type of energy from a single
> source, such as a gas-fired combine heat and power plant.

The difference between photovoltaic and solar-thermal isn't the type
of produced energy. In both cases it is electric energy, but via
different physical ways.

photovoltaic - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photovoltaic_system
solar-thermal - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_power_tower
... - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solar_updraft_tower
... - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_tower_%28downdraft%29

But it would be good to propose a tag for heat plants or smaller block
heating stations.

André