[Tagging] Proposal: Energy generator power types

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 19:49:41 BST 2010

2010/8/16 Tom Chance <tom at acrewoods.net>:
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/power_type
>
> Basically I have deprecated "power_type=photovoltaic" and
> "power_type=solar-thermal", which combine two bits of information (source of
> energy, and type of energy generated). This also allows for adequate tagging
> of generators that produce more than one type of energy from a single
> source, such as a gas-fired combine heat and power plant.

I think that's a good idea to separate source and type. It isn't
currently reflected on the actual tagging according to tagwatch
(http://tagwatch.stoecker.eu/Europe/En/keystats_power_source.html
photovoltaic 266, solar 32) but it is logical and given that tagging
these details is still at the beginning I think it's a good idea to
clean this up now.

thanks for your work (and probably those of others engaged in this field in OSM)

cheers,
Martin