[Tagging] tagging farmers markets?

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Tue Aug 17 03:41:13 BST 2010

On 17/08/2010 03:09, Richard Welty wrote:

> ok, but how about a physical building named "Ryan's Farmers Market"
> where i presume
> (i haven't been inside, i just saw it for the first time today) the
> produce is from local
> farmers, but it's a conventional brick-and-mortar store with "normal"
> hours.

amenity=marketplace + building=yes, if it is actually an indoor market,
ie with individual stalls selling their own products etc.

Though from what you describe, it sounds more like its just one shop -
ie all operated by the same company, and with just one set of checkouts
etc - but just calling itself a "farmers market"?
In which case, I would suggest tagging it as shop=greengrocer (if its
mostly fruit and vegetables), or maybe shop=supermarket if it has a
wider range of products.
Or maybe shop=food if it sells a range of foods (though that tag is
currently undocumented).