[Tagging] tagging farmers markets?

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 09:34:09 BST 2010

2010/8/17 Craig Wallace <craigw84 at fastmail.fm>:
> Though from what you describe, it sounds more like its just one shop - ie
> all operated by the same company, and with just one set of checkouts etc -
> but just calling itself a "farmers market"?
> In which case, I would suggest tagging it as shop=greengrocer (if its mostly
> fruit and vegetables),

in Germany we recently agreed on shop=farm for those. It is documented
also in the wiki: http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:shop

> or maybe shop=supermarket if it has a wider range of
> products.

-1, they are IMHO not supermarkets. Maybe it could be shop=convenience
as well, but shop=farm seems to fit better if they sell (mainly) their
own produce.

Cheers,
Martin