[Tagging] turn restrictions, multiple time intervals

M∡rtin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 13:27:47 BST 2010

2010/8/17 John Smith <deltafoxtrot256 at gmail.com>:
> You were the one complaining about amenity=school being widely used so
> we should sub-tag it, I don't think we should do any of the above for
> similar reasons, leave the restriction stuff alone and dump
> dates/times into their own key pair.
>
> restriction=no_right_turn
> restriction:hours=Mo-Fr 06:00-09:00,15:00-18:00

-1, I don't think tagging dancing schools as normal schools and then
subtagging the dancing part is in any way related to conditional
restrictions or that those cases are comparable in some way.

If a restriction is valid only for some time, I would like to see this
in one tag and not in 2 for several reasons:
- allows for multiple conditional restrictions (e.g. one restriction
for night-time, one for daytime, etc.)
- is IMHO more transparent for the reader
- is analogous to other conditions (if the proposal, that AFAIK is
already in use) is approved
- is simpler

cheers,
Martin