[Tagging] Tagging for streets with sharrows?

Steve Bennett stevagewp at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 02:35:41 BST 2010

> Incorrect.  A sharrow is used on a designated bicycle route
[in Paul Johnson's part of the world]
> to indicate what part of a shared lane bicyclists should use

> [Stephen Hope] has never
>seen them anywhere except on a route

Let's make an effort to keep tagging schemes globally applicable, and
avoid assuming that local practice is standard everywhere.

It seems to me that, depending on where you are, you could have:
* roads with sharrows that are not designated cycling routes
* roads that are designated cycling routes that have no sharrows
* roads with sharrows, that are designated cycling routes

Any arguments against cycleway=sharrow?

Steve