[Tagging] craft= Proposal

Peter Körner osm-lists at mazdermind.de
Tue Aug 24 09:43:16 BST 2010

Am 24.08.2010 10:28, schrieb Alan Mintz:
> At 2010-08-24 01:08, =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Peter_K=F6rner?= wrote:
>> some months ago I started a craft= proposal in my wiki user space:
>> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:MaZderMind/Key:craft
>
> My observations:
>
> - plummer should be plumber
> - Is heating_engineer really different from hvac?
> - I would suggest glass instead of glaziery - the latter sounds like
> someplace that glazes things (regardless of the definition)
> - gardening should be gardener in keeping with the other values that are
> named for the craftsman, not the craft

I'm not a native speaker so I'll take your hints as they come. Regarding
the difference between heating_engineer and hvac I'm not sure, too, but
I know crafts that only installs air conditioner but not heater. They
usually specialized on big cooling installations in food production or
transport. I'd suggest to keep them seperated.

Peter