[Tagging] is tourism a good category for everything cultural?

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 24 10:29:53 BST 2010

Am 24.08.2010 11:02, schrieb Ross Scanlon:
> I thought it was there to produce the most accurate map data available
Yes

> and then produce mapping information easily.
No, never really been. Generally speaking, OSM tries to make it fun for
the mappers to map stuff. If someone wants to use it it's their job, not
OSMs first interest. May sound a bit funny.

> Obviously there is no use discussing this with you as you have no understanding of normalising a relational database and only bother to hard code things, like paths in a program.
>
> This appears to be going about 60m above your head.

You seem to have a good idea about how databases work, and how OSM data
should look like to best fit your needs. Fine. Unfortunately, this is
just exactly the wrong reason to ask for tag changes.

Again, you seem to have no idea how OSM is working.

Regards, ULFL